- Read our Monday Morning Updates (MMU) every week to stay up to date on what’s happening at CCS!
- Be sure to view the Events Calendar at the time of the MMU to learn about all the upcoming Virtual and/or in person events that you’d like to join!
- Once at the Events Calendar, click on the individual events that are of interest to you and your scholar, read all the details and if you’re able to participate – click on the link provided to register for each individual event.
- Did you look through the Events Calendar and couldn’t find just the right event? We welcome your ideas! Please take a moment and submit your idea via this link: Submit an Event Idea Form
- Do you have any additional questions or need support for CCS events? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Director of Engagement, Rebecca MacAlpine at email@example.com
Important Information about Field Trips and Enrichment
- We continue to monitor the ever-evolving COVID-19 guidelines from the California Department of Public Health regarding in-person activities for the 2021-22 school year. Please review the information included on the ParentSquare calendar item for each event to stay up to date on the current guidelines for attending in-person activities.
- Please note that no scholar may attend a Field Trip hosted by Compass Charter Schools unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, or legal adult. No exceptions are possible for this rule.
- Some activities are free for all to join – scholar, siblings and attending adults!
- For activities that require payment – scholars will often attend for $0 (very few field trips have scholar costs associated with participation)! Attending adults, siblings and guests are able to join at our discounted group rate by pre-paying at the time of signup via the link on the calendar item.
- All pre-payments are non-refundable. Please take note of all event details at the time of sign up. An email with reminders will be sent out to all who register by the posted deadline for event registration.
- Please note that whether or not an event requires pre-payment – any interested scholar and attending guests must pre-register via the link within the individual calendar item for the event. Anyone who attends a field trip or enrichment event that is under the age of 18 must have a permission slip submitted. Permission slips are submitted virtually at the time of registration.
CCS Clubs are scholar-driven, guided by an experienced staff member, and meet virtually on a regular basis. The purpose of CCS Clubs is to create a safe scholar-driven community of like-minded individuals to explore a particular topic of focus together, primarily in the online forum. Taking part in organized clubs can not only equip scholars with new physical skills but also gives scholars an opportunity to meet new people and form new friendships, which often leads to an increase in confidence and thus, independence.
Field Trips offer our scholars educational experiences to expand their knowledge of the world around them and discover their passions, within a safe environment where they can explore the real life options available to them. By seeing real-life applications of concepts they study, scholars are more apt to gain a deeper understanding of what they are learning. Whether in person or virtual, CCS Field Trips personally connect scholars with peers and staff within our CCS community.
Virtual Scholar Workshops are offerend on a regular basis, focusing on topics of interest to our scholars. Topics include exploration of the arts and sciences, college and career preparation, community service projects, and other special events. We seek to provide enrichment opportunities that expose our scholars to unique experiences that enhance their knowledge, background and encourage them to develop new passions and skills. These activities allow them become explorers and discoverers of the world they live in. Contests are another great way for scholars to virtually particpate in enrichment. Contests facilitated for our scholars on a monthly basis and themes are released with Monday Morning Updates (MMU).