Compass Charter Schools is one of California’s leading WASC-accredited virtual charter schools of choice.
Who We Are
Compass exceeds expectations for how education can be taught through personalized virtual learning. Forming deep partnerships with teachers, scholars, and families, Compass responds to each scholar’s unique needs, dreams, and background while preparing them to successfully pursue their goals after graduation. In partnership with families and a dynamic staff, Compass brings a variety of teaching experiences, learning styles, and wrap-around supports to equitably serve California scholars along their educational journey.
What We Believe
Every scholar has the potential to thrive and be successful if they are supported in the right environment. We encourage a personalized approach where scholars are seen for who they are and can choose their best educational path to find academic success. We believe every scholar, family, and staff member is an important stakeholder and is welcomed, appreciated, and heard as part of charting their course through Compass.
What We Do
- We intentionally match scholars and families with virtual, at-home, and in-person learning programs that support their lifestyle and vision for success
- We provide coordinated academic, social emotional, and college & career readiness support
- We hire passionate and knowledgeable staff, inspire collaboration, and encourage professional learning
- We continuously improve our personalized learning models and influence a more individualized approach to learning throughout the education sector
How We Do It
- By acknowledging scholars’ lived realities to appropriately engage, challenge, and prepare them to lead fulfilling lives
- By coaching families through their challenges and goals and offer trainings on personalized education
- By connecting and equipping counselors, educators, and families to thoroughly understand scholars’ needs and deliver individualized supports
- By investing in resources to support professional growth and building trust among staff
- By monitoring new trends, capturing best practices across Compass programs, and creating opportunities to share knowledge back to the field
We support and celebrate many paths to personal fulfillment. Upon graduation, scholars have the foundational knowledge, motivation, and abilities to successfully progress to the next stage of their journey – be that through entry into a career, additional training and service, entrepreneurship, or further education at a college or university. Graduates and their families are proud of their achievements and recognize the positive impact the Compass community had on their confidence, sense of pride, and self-awareness.
Long term, Compass alumni are independent thinkers with the capability to forge their own path. They understand what’s essential to their continued personal growth and possess the skills and values to not only become, but maintain being productive, contributing members of their communities.