College and Career readiness is the goal for all scholars. The following are resources and tools that support higher academic standards for all scholars.
- College Application Timeline: 12th Grade – Resource link for what 12th graders should be doing in their senior year
- 11th Grade College Planning Timeline – Resources link for what11 graders should be doing in their junior year
- How to Start Getting Ready for College in 9th and 10th Grade – Resource link for what 9th and 10th grades should be doing in their freshman and sophomore year.
- Resources for applying – Resource link for college application tips
- College Fairs – resource link for upcoming college fairs
- Financial Aid Eligibility – Resource for determining Financial Aid eligibility.
- FAFSA Resources – Resource link for FAFSA
- CA Dream Act Application Resources – Resource link for CA Dream Act Application
- CaliforniaColleges.edu – Link to CaliforniaColleges.edu where scholars can research college options
Use the following links to access websites in which scholars can explore careers and complete career/interest assessments.
College Entrance Exams
- Kaplan SAT vs. ACT – resource link to compare the SAT and ACT, including a quiz to match which is best to take based on your answers
- SAT registration and test dates – Link to the SAT website for test dates and registration
- Khan Academy SAT Preparation – link to Khan Academy SAT test prep
- ACT registration and test dates – Link to the ACT website for test dates and registration
- ACT Academy Test Preparation – Link to ACT test prep
- PSAT Information – Link to CollegeBoard for information on the PSAT/NMSQT test
Essay and Resume Resources
Application essays and resumes can provide the reader with an understanding of your experience and accomplishments, as well as provide a more personalized insight as to who you. The following are some resources to assist in the writing process.
- High School Resume Writing Tips – Resource link for how to write a resume as a high school student
- 5 Things to Put on Your Resume in High School – Resource link for what to include in your resume as a high school student
- Brainstorming Tips for College Application Essays – Resource link for college application essay ideas
- College Application Essay Resources – Resource link for college application essays
- Free Resources from The College Essay Guy – Resource link for tips on writing personal statements, application essays, and the UC personal insight questions
- How to Write a College Essay – Resource link on writing college application essays
- UC Personal Insight Question Writing Tips – Resource link for writing UC personal insight responses
Use the following links to easily reach college applications.
- CSU – Cal State University System – Link for the CSU application
- UC – University of California System – Link for the UC application
- Common Application – Link for the Common Application
- California Community College System – Link for California Community Colleges application
The following are resources for parents on how they can help with the college planning of their scholars.
- Parent Action Plan: Middle School -Resource link for middle school parents regarding college planning
- Parent Action Plan: 9th Grade -Resource link for freshman parents regarding college planning
- Parent Action Plan: 10th Grade-Resource link for sophomore parents regarding college planning
- Parent Action Plan: 11th Grade-Resource link for junior parents regarding college planning
- Parent Action Plan: 12th Grade-Resource link for senior parents regarding college planning
- Parent Toolkit Planning Overview – PDF Download parents and guardians can use to guide their students on their journey to college
- Webinars and additional resources – Link to webinars offered by College Board regarding various college planning aspects